100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Contact Jim To Get Yours
2012 to 2013 Z06 w/MRC
The 6th generation Z06 equipped with Magnetic Ride Control has a switch on the console with Tour and Sport modes indicated.
For 2009 to 2013 production, which is in your car right now, the Sport mode is a racetrack mode. The amount of damping required for the racetrack is on the order of 500% more that required for a true Sport mode.
How will the new calibration enhance your driving experience?
The explanation for each of the modes and how they will enhance your driving experience are below followed by the options available for the calibrations in each of the tour and sport modes.
We are offering a New Tour calibration, a New Super Sport calibration, and a new Track calibration.
New Tour Calibration
• If you currently brace yourself when you are about to drive over a rough road or a road with large bumps, that will no longer be required.
• With the New Tour calibration, the car will be much softer over bumps, large or small.
• You will feel like the body structure has been enhanced.
• The body motions at all speeds will be flatter, smoother, and much more fluid.
• In the parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) you will no longer experience abrupt pokes. The car will be significantly smoother.
• You will feel a better vehicle response to your steering.
• The car will feel much more precise.
• Cornering is flatter but still exhibits a touring feel.
New Super Sport Calibration
• There is a strong possibility you never spend much time in your current Sport calibration because of how rough the car rides.
• We can assure you that will no longer be the case.
• When you encounter a twisty road, you will not hesitate to turn the switch to the Sport setting engaging the new Super Sport calibration.
• The new Super Sport calibration has significantly more body control, when compared to the New Tour calibration. However, when compared to the current calibration you are currently running in the Sport setting on your switch:
o The car will be much softer over bumps, large or small.
o The isolation over bumps and rough roads will be significantly better than it was in your current production Tour calibration.
o You will feel like the body structure has been enhanced.
o The body motions at all speeds will be flatter, smoother, and much more fluid. But it still has the Sport character.
• You will feel significantly better vehicle response to your steering.
• The car will feel much more precise.
• Cornering is flatter. You will feel one with the car.
• Like the New Tour calibration, in the parking lot and low speed (25mph and less) you will no longer experience abrupt pokes. The car will be significantly smoother.
New Track Calibration
• Drivers have noticed an immediate improvement in:
o Vehicle stability which inspires: Driver confidence
o Those who record data, there is a significant improvement in corner speeds which leads to lap times seconds faster than their previous times.
On your Magnetic Ride Selection Switch,
you can choose one of the following calibrations:
The new calibration indicated in Tour/ The new calibration indicated Sport
New Tour/New Super Sport
New Tour/New Track
New Super Sport/New Track
Option 1 – Direct programming at Jim’s residence in Goodrich, Michigan or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
If you are near, or are willing to travel to Jim’s homes, he can program your car directly through the OBD2 port. The OBD2 port is located right under your steering wheel. The programming takes about five minutes.
Option 2 – Module exchange program
The module exchange program is extremely popular for folks who do not have an installer in their area. (see “Installation of the magnetic ride control module through one of our installers” below)
With the exchange program, Jim will program a module and ship it to you. You can install the module yourself, or if you have a personal mechanic, have them install it for you. The installation process is not that difficult and takes a little over an hour for a person who has moderate mechanical capabilities.
There is a $400 core charge that is 100% refundable when you ship your original module back to Jim within 2 weeks of the date you receive the new module (unless other arrangements have been made).
Jim has constructed a YouTube video on the entire installation process. The link to that is: click here
Jim will also email you detailed written instructions.
Option 3 – Direct programming during one of our cross-country programming trips or in route between our houses between Goodrich, Michigan and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Periodically throughout the year (1 or 2 times), Jim and Terri will embark on a trip to program cars and travel between our homes. When on these trips, we can program your car directly through the OBD2 port.
The OBD2 port is located right under your steering wheel. The programming takes about five minutes.
Deviations from the specified route – $85/hour.
Option 4 – Installation of the magnetic ride control module through one of our installers
$525.00 (includes installation)
We have several installers throughout the country to install a preprogrammed Magnetic Ride Control module into your car. The process to have the module installed is:
1) You can determine the calibration you would like. If you are not sure which calibration suits your needs, when you contact Jim in step 2, he will assist you.
2) Contact Jim through the contact page
3) Jim will program a module in ship it to the installer
4) The installer will then contact you to arrange an appointment for them to install the module into your car.
Please note, we are always seeking new installers. If you live in a major metropolitan area (not listed below) and know of a company you would like to recommend as part of our network, please contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we can reach an agreement with the installer you recommend, we would like to offer a $50 discount.
Current installers and their locations:
A&A Corvette, 477-A Lambert Street, Oxnard, CA 93036
MSI Motorsports, 1250 Plumber Way, Roseville, CA 95678
Automotive Enterprise, 797 Industrial Rd, San Carlos, CA 94070
Keller’s Professional Auto & Diesel, 5646 S. Gibraltar Way, Centennial, CO 80015
Keller’s Professional Auto & Diesel, 10841 S Crossroads Dr #19, Parker, CO 80134
Clearview Auto Repair, 4440 Hearst St, Metairie, LA 70001
Cap & Hitch of New England, 2001 Riverdale St, West Springfield, MA 01089
Doug Rippie Motorsports, 412 Pacific Ave, P.O. Box 218, Waverly, MN 55390
East Coast Supercharging, 562 Route 539, Cream Ridge NJ 08514
Apex Auto Detail, 500 E Penn Ave, Wernersville, PA 19565
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars, 15610 Midway Rd, Addison, TX 75001
Option 5 – Specialty calibrations.
Specialty calibrations include racetrack and drag/roll racing.
We have new racetrack (road course) calibrations for all models.
We have drag /roll racing calibrations for ZR1.
Option 6 – Any 1 off custom calibrations – Negotiated Price