Ways to obtain the new Magnetic Ride Control Calibrations
- Direct programming through the OBD2 port – For folks living or willing to bring their car to Goodrich, Michigan (summer) or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (winter).
- Terri and I travel between Michigan and Myrtle Beach, SC several times a year, arrangements can also be made to meet in route to upgrade your car.
- Controller exchange – For folks in different parts of the country who want the upgrade ASAP, I built the equipment necessary to “bench” flash the MRC controller. I can program the controller for a customer and perform an exchange with anyone in the country.
- I would ship a controller with the new calibration to the customer.
- There would be a $600 core charge which would be fully refunded when I received their original controller back.
- A customer would have a week to 10 days to return their original controller.
- The installation is fairly simple, to see the entire installation process, please refer to the YouTube video below.
- Installers Network – We are in the process of creating a network of Corvette Specialty Shops, Performance shops, and Automotive Repair Shops to install controllers. This will give the opportunity to anyone who wants the upgrade to have it within a few days.
- Every shop recommended by the folks on Facebook and the Corvette Forum is on the list.
- Beyond that, we are only contacting Corvette specialty shops, Speed shops, and Automotive Repair Shops with the highest rankings.
- The initial thoughts on protocol are:
- The Corvette owner will specify and order the controller directly from us.
- We will ship the controller to the installer.
- The shop will install and make the transaction with the owner.
- The shop will send the removed controller back to us.
- Even though the installation is simple, we will ensure and communicate to the installers that the great care needs to be taken when doing any work on a Corvette.
- As always, the 100% money back guarantee applies.
- So far, we have upgraded hundreds of cars and still stand at 100% satisfaction. Even though it has never happened, for whatever reason the customer wants his original calibration, we will pay for the shop to re-install the controller. There is no risk to the owner.
- We hope to have the network in place by the end of January, 2020…perhaps sooner.
- Attending major Corvette events – Occasionally, we will participate in events such as Corvettes at Carlisle etc. While at these events, I can directly program cars with the C6 Corvette MRC shock calibration upgrade for interested owners.
- Attending Specific Club/organization functions – If a club or organization can pull together TBD number of cars for the upgrade, I would travel to them and program the cars.
VIDEO: Installing The New MRC Controller On Wet OR Dry Sump C6:
Yours Truly Working On A C7
Last year I purchased a C6 Grand Sport convertible. I bought the car in Texas and drove it back to Michigan. In the fall of 2018, Jim asked if he could upgrade my car to get my thoughts. The transformation is unbelievable! The pleasure of driving the car in either tour or sport can’t be understated. On my drive back from Texas I never put it in sport. Now I do almost all my driving in sport. If I just want a nice cruising car, tour is perfect. In both tour and sport, the car just glides over the bumps that used to beat me up bad. Also, I noticed how much better the steering is, which surprised me. Now I can’t imagine driving the car without the new programs. Read More Testimonials ->
After a total of 10 hours of seat time. In both tour and sport. Mix of freeway 55-90mph with hours rural backroad and small-town slow driving. I like this new cal so much. Both tour and sport absorb the bumps very very nicely and are still stable and composed. Everyone will notice a considerable difference. Read More Testimonials ->
Jim come to my house to put the calibration in my 2010 ZR1. When I bought the car, I had to drive it back from Texas to Michigan. 18 hours on the road was a bit of a headache. The car was a blast except for hitting potholes, railroad tracks, and impacts in general. Since the calibration, my car drives and handles 100x better. The impacts seem to be non-existent. Going over railroad tracks are a breeze and the sport mode is a true sport mode now. I’m amazed every time I take out my car. Love every bit of my new calibration. Read More Testimonials ->
The ride and handling for both modes is a dramatic improvement. As soon as I left Jim’s house in tour mode, I instantly felt a more “modern” feel to the car. Very comfortable now and yet more the handling is more responsive. I do not feel the hard rebound over larger bumps. It doesn’t pound my dash when I go over railroad tracks like it used to. I feel that there is more steering response at lower speeds and of course at high speeds.
When I put it into sport mode, I feel a good difference. Now I feel a nice transition between tour to sport. Before the upgrade, I never put it in sport unless I was showing my friends how harsh it was. I am driving it in sport mode more often now. The ride is so much better as well as the cornering. I want to say it feels like a new stab bars were installed. It’s that much more balanced through the corners. Read More Testimonials ->
Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the driving improvement. Drove over 250 miles yesterday. I am no expert but would say the car feels much more stable, planted, kind of hard to describe but driving over rough pavement sections has a sense that the suspension is working much more refined. These are really nice cars and your program just adds to the experience. Read More Testimonials ->
On a regular basis, I’m on roads with rough, heavily-worn asphalt, pot holes, sections of cracked and broken-up pavement and fragmented road edges. For around-town driving, I have MR set in the “Tour” mode and with Jim’s MR cal the car gets over all those crappy road surfaces with a bit more comfortable ride. On roads which are in better condition, but with bumps and heaves, the ride seems more controlled.
When hammering my ZO6 through the twisties in the mountains near my home–State Route 33 from Oaji, California over to where joins with SR166 is a favorite of mine–I put MR in “Sport” mode. With the Mero-calibrated “Sport”, when driving over high-frequency, low-amplitude chatter bumps, ripples, cracked pavement and stuff like that, I don’t feel those disturbances quite as much. Also, Sport, with a Mero MR cal, seems more appropriately-damped in that kind of driving than did Sport with the stock MR cal. Lastly, the car’s response to steering input, especially in an autocross movement or an emergency evasive maneuver seems different. The best way I can describe this situation is that steering is more “crisp”–for lack of a better word.
In short, I was impressed with Jim Mero’s C6 MagnaRide calibration, not only because of the improvements discussed above, but because his stuff is for “real world” driving and not specific to track use. Read More Testimonials ->