First, Terri and I would like to wish everybody the best and please be safe during the virus pandemic. Please know everybody has our best thoughts.
We realize that most of you of have much more going on in your lives beyond a Magnetic Ride Control update, however, because we have several people are requesting exchanges, we want to assure everybody that we will be performing the following procedure to make obtaining a new controller as safe as we possibly can. When handling everything, I will always be wearing disposable gloves.
- The module will be completely disinfected before it is programmed, wrapped, and shipped.
- After the module has been shipped, there will be a lot of hands on the box. I would like to think that everybody placing hands on the box will also be wearing gloves, however I can’t guarantee that. Also, even if they are wearing gloves, I’m sure that they will also be using those same gloves to touch other pieces of mail. So I would recommend the following procedure when you receive the box.
- Wearing disposable gloves, outside your home, remove the controller from the box. And dispose of the box.
- Even though the module has been disinfected by myself, as a second line of defense, wearing a second pair of disposable gloves (you don’t want to wear the same gloves that you used to handle the box), I would recommend wiping it down again with something like wet wipes with disinfecting properties. You can’t be too safe.
- If you do not have a box handy to ship your original module back, I would go to the post office and obtain a small flat rate box. They are free. As a general piece of advice, like we do, whenever you go out, always have several pairs of disposable gloves on hand for situations like this.
- After your module is removed from your car, wearing gloves, please wipe the module down with a disinfecting wipes or something similar. Wrap your module and place it into the box for shipment.
- When I receive it, I will go through the same process as you did when you to received it.
Once again, we would like to wish everybody our best.
Thank you very much for your time, Jim.
Last year I purchased a C6 Grand Sport convertible. I bought the car in Texas and drove it back to Michigan. In the fall of 2018, Jim asked if he could upgrade my car to get my thoughts. The transformation is unbelievable! The pleasure of driving the car in either tour or sport can’t be understated. On my drive back from Texas I never put it in sport. Now I do almost all my driving in sport. If I just want a nice cruising car, tour is perfect. In both tour and sport, the car just glides over the bumps that used to beat me up bad. Also, I noticed how much better the steering is, which surprised me. Now I can’t imagine driving the car without the new programs. Read More Testimonials ->
After a total of 10 hours of seat time. In both tour and sport. Mix of freeway 55-90mph with hours rural backroad and small-town slow driving. I like this new cal so much. Both tour and sport absorb the bumps very very nicely and are still stable and composed. Everyone will notice a considerable difference. Read More Testimonials ->
Jim come to my house to put the calibration in my 2010 ZR1. When I bought the car, I had to drive it back from Texas to Michigan. 18 hours on the road was a bit of a headache. The car was a blast except for hitting potholes, railroad tracks, and impacts in general. Since the calibration, my car drives and handles 100x better. The impacts seem to be non-existent. Going over railroad tracks are a breeze and the sport mode is a true sport mode now. I’m amazed every time I take out my car. Love every bit of my new calibration. Read More Testimonials ->
The ride and handling for both modes is a dramatic improvement. As soon as I left Jim’s house in tour mode, I instantly felt a more “modern” feel to the car. Very comfortable now and yet more the handling is more responsive. I do not feel the hard rebound over larger bumps. It doesn’t pound my dash when I go over railroad tracks like it used to. I feel that there is more steering response at lower speeds and of course at high speeds.
When I put it into sport mode, I feel a good difference. Now I feel a nice transition between tour to sport. Before the upgrade, I never put it in sport unless I was showing my friends how harsh it was. I am driving it in sport mode more often now. The ride is so much better as well as the cornering. I want to say it feels like a new stab bars were installed. It’s that much more balanced through the corners. Read More Testimonials ->
Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the driving improvement. Drove over 250 miles yesterday. I am no expert but would say the car feels much more stable, planted, kind of hard to describe but driving over rough pavement sections has a sense that the suspension is working much more refined. These are really nice cars and your program just adds to the experience. Read More Testimonials ->
On a regular basis, I’m on roads with rough, heavily-worn asphalt, pot holes, sections of cracked and broken-up pavement and fragmented road edges. For around-town driving, I have MR set in the “Tour” mode and with Jim’s MR cal the car gets over all those crappy road surfaces with a bit more comfortable ride. On roads which are in better condition, but with bumps and heaves, the ride seems more controlled.
When hammering my ZO6 through the twisties in the mountains near my home–State Route 33 from Oaji, California over to where joins with SR166 is a favorite of mine–I put MR in “Sport” mode. With the Mero-calibrated “Sport”, when driving over high-frequency, low-amplitude chatter bumps, ripples, cracked pavement and stuff like that, I don’t feel those disturbances quite as much. Also, Sport, with a Mero MR cal, seems more appropriately-damped in that kind of driving than did Sport with the stock MR cal. Lastly, the car’s response to steering input, especially in an autocross movement or an emergency evasive maneuver seems different. The best way I can describe this situation is that steering is more “crisp”–for lack of a better word.
In short, I was impressed with Jim Mero’s C6 MagnaRide calibration, not only because of the improvements discussed above, but because his stuff is for “real world” driving and not specific to track use. Read More Testimonials ->